Master’s in Sport Management Careers
Gain a new title from a university that knows a thing or two about winning titles.
Jobs in sport management are broad and varied. Olympians and Hall of Famers are few and far between, but career opportunities abound in the field of sport management. Given that the sports industry is on track to reach $80.3 billion by 2022 in North America alone,1 the moment to surge forward is now.
With our innovative curriculum and extensive alumni network, the online master's in sport management* from KU can help you turn your passion into a fulfilling career.
Proper Training Pays Off
From corporate sponsorships to player management, many teams are just waiting for the right candidate to join them.
Expected Annual Salaries for Sport Management Careers
Because master’s degree holders typically earn average salaries nearly 20 percent higher than those with only a bachelor’s degree, a master’s in sport management salary could reach outcomes at or above these figures.
Where Can Jobs In Sport Management Take You?
Popular Cities for Sport Management Professionals4
- New York City
- Los Angeles
Job Titles Held By KU Sport Management Studies5
- ESPN Statistics Analyst
- Kansas City Chiefs Event Coordinator
- MLB Network Writer, Producer and Marketer
- Washington Nationals Regional Representative
What can joining the Jayhawk family do for you?
Our students are coaches, MLB writers, ESPN statistics analysts, game day operators, events coordinators and more. More than half of them came to KU with the goal of gaining the skills and knowledge to facilitate their own career advancement,5 and we have helped them build momentum toward achieving those goals while also challenging and revolutionizing the way they think about sport management. Consider how earning a master’s title from a university that knows a thing or two about winning titles can help accelerate your career in the sport management field.
1. Retrieved on April 22, 2019, from pwc.com/us/en/industries/tmt/library/sports-outlook-north-america.html
2. Retrieved on April 22,2019, from workinsports.com/blog/top-9-sports-management-jobs-for-non-athletes/
3. Retrieved on April 22, 2019, from www.bls.gov/careeroutlook/2018/data-on-display/education-pays.htm
4.Retrieved on April 22, 2019, from payscale.com/research/US/Degree=Master_ofScience(MS)%2c_Sports_Management/Salary
5. Based on a limited sample of self-reported data from alumni of the University of Kansas School of Education online master’s in sport management program from graduating cohorts between 2018-2019.